Thursday, December 11, 2008

Miracle Man

Tonight I met up with an incredible family with an incredible boy.  Meet this miracle boy Daniel.  When his mom, Beth went in for her routine ultrasound the doctors found heart problems with their little buddy.  At 2 days old Daniel had heart surgery but today - a little over a year later he is in my studio happy and healthy.  


My absolute favorite of the evening.  I think this captures him perfectly now - with a healthy beautiful heart that works.  You can even see a faint scar in this picture right in the middle of his breastbone.








Those eyes... beautiful (in a manly way). 







How funny when I opened the door to meet the family for the evening I recognized the dad immediately.  Upon talking it was discovered that he was the one who was contracted out to insulate our house that is currently being built.  What a small world!  If you are in need of a fabulous insulator, give me a shout and I'll hook you up with him.  

The dad and mom of this beautiful and amazing little boy have a wonderful and touching story. You can read all about their journey by reading their blog.  They are currently expecting baby #2 due next Spring.  Since Daniel was born with heart problems they are going to be closely monitoring this new little babe.  They are nervously awaiting their ultrasound that is the 23rd of December so add them to your prayer list praying that this baby will be without any health issues.  

Thanks SO much for taking the trip over to see me tonight.  I hope you enjoyed your tiny sneak peek!  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! My little niece also had open heart surgery when she was two days old. Unfortunatly, they didn't know anything was wrong until one of the nurses detected a heart murmur right before they sent her home. She would have died in less than 48 hours. We thank God that nurse was so attentive! It's been a long recovery for my niece, mostly dealing with feeding issues, since she never learned how to eat (she has a feeding a tube permantly attached to her stomach). But she is doing well and we are so grateful.

I'm soooo happy to hear that this little man is doing well and I wish the couple the best as they anticipate the arrival of their next little blessing :)

Lori