Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Day

Saturday was the big day that this couple has been looking forward to for awhile now.  I was SO honored when they asked me to document their special day.  The wedding was a blast!  I went to high school with all the groomsmen but one.  It was so fun to see all of them again and to catch up.  What a rainy day it was on Saturday.  The first thing I saw when I woke up that morning was large dark clouds in the distance and I knew that we weren't going to do many - if any outside pictures.  Though it was a rainy day, it didn't damper the spirits of this couple, the day was great, the mood was energetic and the guests were fabulous.   Here's the recap of the day...



I LOVED this dress!















These kids were ADORABLE!  They were so ready for their job as flower girls and ring bearers.



Stunning bride



and handsome groom.











We literally had about 2 shots outside.  When I was done taking just a few of this pose, it started to downpour!







Yup, it was great to see them all these guys again!











A meaningful gift to the bride and groom to remember her grandfather. 



Isn't this cake gorgeous? It tasted just as good as it looked too!







Derek and Lori-  what a great couple you are.  I'm so happy for the both of you and I wish you many happy years together!  Thanks for inviting me along to help with your big day!  

1 comment:

Anna said...

Beautiful photos!I love the guys shot outside and the alter photos. Timeless. Classic.