Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bittersweet {Grand Rapids Photographer}

I'm not going to lie... I was nervous.  I stayed up WAY too late last night thinking about all he would need, making sure his clothes were laid out for this morning, setting his backpack by the back door, and seeing that his lunch was packed and ready to go.  Sigh, his first day of kindergarden is here.  Big buddy is SO excited that this is the year he will ride the bus, get to play on the playground with all the big kids, and that now he officially gets to call himself a kindergardener.  I am excited for him but at the same time a big ball of nerves.  Last night as I was running around making sure that the next morning would go as smooth as possible I remembered that I had to pack him a lunch.  There is a lot of pressure when it comes to lunch time making sure that it's healthy yet packed with stuff that he will eat.  As I'm putting in the Oreos I'm trying not to panic wondering if kids will make fun of him if I pack a sippy cup with milk in it.  Good grief - do kids bring sippy cups to kindergarden?  Will they make fun of him as he pulls it out of his lunch sack (at least I know that his lunch sack is appropriate - it's Batman, good mom move by me).   Seriously, who would have thought that entering kindergarden would be this hard?  


I'm such a proud mamma...  here's my boy, all grown up at age 5. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reaching thru the screen to give him hugs and kisses... so very cute, Kerry !!

mt

Anonymous said...

so, so cute! (both the picture and the post!) Hope his first day went great!!

--Jill