Friday, January 23, 2009

Bliss

I'm back refreshed and rejuvenated.  The Bahamas was blissful and so relaxing!  We arrived in the Bahamas on Thursday afternoon and when we arrived, we got a taste of "not so normal" Bahamas weather.  It was actually a little cold!  Very windy and a mere mid 60's we were forced into wearing jeans and long sleeved shirts for the first couple of days.  Deciding to make the most of our vacation we explored and saw the sites of this beautiful place.  




Though the weather wasn't what we expected, the unlimited food choices were fabulous!




The hotel that we stayed in.  The Riu Bahamas.



And then right next door... the Atlantis.  Our hotel didn't quite fit in with this monstrous property.  It was huge and had SO much do there!  The price of a room there matched it's largeness as to why we chose the Riu.



Inside the Atlantis.  I can't describe all that it had to offer.  This is the main part of the big hotel.  A huge aquarium with all kinds of astonishing fish, sharks and manarays inside.  I could have stared at it for hours.



There just happened to be a wedding the Saturday of our stay.  I so badly wanted to capture some of the wedding but alas, it was too cold and windy for us while laying on the beach.  I gave up.  I did capture this cool sign though warning people to not sunbathe in their way.  Turned out they had to move the wedding to a different location due to the weather anyway.




Just a random chicken sign.  Absolutely has no significance at all - I just thought it was cool.



On the Atlantis property again.  They had different sections of water where there were hammerhead sharks, some saw shark looking things, and other various animals.  Me with my obsession with birds was so excited when I captured this guy ready to eat his dinner.



We passed this place while traveling from the airport to our hotel.  Anna Nichole Smith was buried in this cemetery in the Bahamas.  Her area was to the left.  Our taxi driver Otis, told us that she was buried with a very expensive tiara.  To avoid theft, they have an armed guard by her grave 24/7. 



 If only I could have done some shoots here, the Bahamas had some awesome places to photograph at!  Joe was my victim this day.  Notice the fleece?




Cruise ships were everywhere!




The second day that we were there we went to town and visited the straw market.  Anything and everything was being sold there.







Finally a picture of Joe and I.  Us looking somewhat normal as we actually got some sleep the past few days!  No kids waking us up in the middle of the night on this vacation!



Now that I'm rested, I'm ready to get back to business.  I am now booking sessions for February and March. Please feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email if you are interested in scheduling a session.  

1 comment:

Summer Jean Photography said...

Oh Kerry! It looks like you had a fabulous time! Ryan and I went to the Atlantis for our honeymoon so I loved the pictures you captured there. It brings back memories!