Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Best Apple Crisp Ever...Seriously.

You must try this right now. You won't regret it!

Here is this must have recipe for my favorite apple crisp:

INGREDIENTS:
10C thinly sliced apples (I used Gala apples with the peels removed)
1C white sugar
1T all-purpose flour
1t ground cinnamon
1/4C water

1C quick-cooking oats
1C all-purpose flour
1C packed brown sugar
1/4t baking powder
1/4t baking soda
1/2C butter softened (almost melted)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place apples in a 9x13 inch pan. In a separate bowl mix the white sugar, 1T of flour and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the apples. Pour 1/4C of water evenly over the apples.
3. Combine the oats, 1C flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together to get a crumbled mixture. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes.

*I doubled the crumble mixture and put half of it on the bottom of the apples and the rest on the top. Yummy!!!


Tonight I cut the recipe in half which was perfect for Joe and I, plus we have leftovers!

I also drizzled caramel on top. Oh sweet glory, this is some good stuff! I'm sure it would be good with vanilla ice cream too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be right over!!! :)

M.T.

Summer Jean Photography said...

Yummmmmmmmy! Sounds good!

Unknown said...

My 11 year old daughter and I made this apple crisp and we absolutely loved it. It is amazing! I had enough to take the work the next day and I was licking the bowl.

Kerry Siereveld said...

Ces- it's fantastic isn't it?? Glad you guys were able to enjoy this too!! :)