Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Roomies

After much anticipation, the story of the squirrel poo.  

This has been happening for a good 3 months now.  Joe and I moved into an apartment with our kids because we are currently building our new house.  About a week or so after we moved in we met a new friend.  He lived with us for a while... in our ceiling.  

Really he was my friend. When I was lonely I'd hear him lovingly scratch at the vent to remind me that he was there, or when I was bored he'd slide down the cathedral ceiling like a slide and make me laugh.  The best is when I couldn't sleep at night I'd hear him on our baby monitor chewing on the drywall right above my boys' room - keeping them safe.  

He may be my friend, but he was starting to gross me out.  Maintenance came the night of the fork.  The gentleman went up in the attic access to hunt the mammal down.  Hunt he did, he not only scared the family of squirrels out, he covered the hole where they were getting in.  I knew when I went by the access how much my squirrel friend loved me.  He left me LOTS of little turds on the floor of my boys' closet.  Almost as gross as dealing with my husband foot. 



2 comments:

PPWM said...

You are too funny~ I can believe you had this family evicted during the holiday season though.

Have you no heart woman?

:)

Anonymous said...

Funny stuff :) I had a little squirrel buddy living in my closet wall when I was in college. Luckily, there was no poo. Just lots of scratching and scuttling about...

Lori H